Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Paul Branca was there. We went to catch a flight from JFK Airport. We took a bus out there. Where we waited for the shuttle it was a twilight sky. The blue was intense. You could see lots of stars in the sky. There was a horizon of city buildings, but the stars were still visible. I told him he should paint the scene. We got on the bus. We were very late. When we got to the terminal the bus driver ran out with us so that we wouldn't miss our flights. Paul ran upstairs. I ran downstairs through a bar before going upstairs. The bar was filled with the middle-of-America type. Real looking people who usually populate dive bars. The door-guy looked at me and I told him I didn't have time to show him my ID, but I was just running right through to the other side to go upstairs to the departing terminal. He said that he was getting off right now, so it didn't matter to him. I ran through and then up the stairs. Paul was getting on his flight. It was September 9th or 10th. I was flying home for Thanksgiving. I was taking my time and then realized that I would miss my fight + that my mom and booked me a flight that was one month too early. I don't think she realized I was about to fly back home at that moment. I went to the gate and the flight was gone. The next flight was to Vancouver. I thought I could go and see Colleen Brown if I was able to get on the flight. I can't remember the name of the airlines, but I remember looking at the name. I called my mom and her boyfriend, Paul answered. I waited for her to talk to me, I could here them talking, as if she wanted to finish her conversation before picking up the phone. I hung up. I tried to make a deal, I can't remember for what. A snake came out of my pocket. It was my sister's snake from San Pedro from years ago. A small pinkish snake. The employees told me I wouldn't be able to take it on the plane. One of the ladys was being an ass to me by now. I was looking at the snake on the carpet and I realized I hadn't fed it in months. I tried to give it some cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment